Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 13 March 2013

Info Post
Off-topic, Rome: Argentinian chemist Jorge Bergoglio was elected as the new Pope, Francis I
Tom Nelson has already leaked the news so I will follow:
Mr. FOIA speaks: "It's time to tie up loose ends and dispel some of the speculation surrounding the Climategate affair" (full text of the main e-mail from FOIA to a select group of skeptics)
The page above became the "story of the day" at ClimateDepot.com (I can't forget Jo Nova, Donna, Bishop Hill, Cheefio, James Delingpole, Jeff [Id] Condon, WUWT, Climate Audit, JunkScience, ClimateScam.SE, Soylent Sage) so I don't think it's a secret anymore although some of us prefer a much more secretive, confidential approach.

Yes, your humble correspondent was among a dozen of people in the world who received the e-mail above directly from Mr FOIA – and yes, we have learned it was one person who lives outside the Anglo-American world, we hear (if there's no alien at UEA, then FOIA is a hacker of a sort, not a whistleblower). I have verified that the password works but I won't reveal whether I have read some e-mails or not and whether I have deleted all traces of the password-protected file once I verified that the password was genuine. It's my strong belief that all my actions so far have been compatible with the laws of my country.

Recall that ClimateGate 2009 was a complete explosion that explained the character of the climate debate to many people and ClimateGate 2011 was still powerful even though most people had already had an idea about the not-so-noble inner workings of the climate alarmist community.




The ClimateGate 2011 files included a huge (133 MB) password-protected archive, all.7z. I guess that many of the climate-oriented TRF readers have spent a long time – perhaps many hours – by attempts to guess the password. That was hopeless, we know today, because the password is an extremely long sequence of gibberish characters.

Be sure that I couldn't memorize it so if you catch me on the street, you will learn nothing from me. ;-)




Now, in March 2013, the password is finally here and you may guess what can be found in those 220,247 e-mails (800 MB unpacked) which I haven't read in their entirety yet. ;-)

Together with another recipient of the e-mail from Mr FOIA, we agreed that it's unreasonable to turn this leak into just ClimateGate 3.0. It may be better to extract ClimateGate 3.0 through ClimateGate 220,002.0 – many affairs although the number is almost certainly exaggerated – out of it.

Who is interested in this potential blast? Who has some questions about some of the previous climate research and its stories and who thinks that a collection of 220,000 e-mails could be hiding the answers? You may try to contact others but I am sort of confident that the TRF readers as a set won't hear the password from myself so Al Gore et al. don't even have to try to bribe me so that I really remain silent. :-)

I can't tell you whether it's because of my reading but I already know that there is some interesting background in the e-mails explaining why some of the proxies before 1400 AD were "censored", Mr Rahmstorf's moralizing recommendations to reduce references to the alarmists' own literature in the IPCC reports, Hughes' advice to Michael Mann to omit Mann's paragraph starting with "It is reprehensible" from their scientific paper, and so on, and so on, and 805 MB of extra so-ons. ;-)

Let me mention an early e-mail from this huge collection that was found by Steve Milloy and that amused me. I would agree with the alarmist Tom Wigley who figured out that Naomi Oreskes' work is useless much like the work by other writers who don't understand the scientific discipline. I would surely use much stronger words but the essence of our opinions about her work is nearly equivalent. ;-) Well, she doesn't even understand (or is honest about) her own "discipline" but that's a different story.

Bonus



A pretty cool artist's impression of "time in the black hole" – there is a way to interpret this picture as proper physics. Via Soylent Sage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment