Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 16 February 2013

Info Post
TRF knows the name of the next energy secretary

Some sources including Reuters speculate – or spread rumors – that Barack Obama is considering a nuclear physicist at MIT, Ernest Moniz, as a replacement for Steven Chu.

I don't think I have ever met him. His CV reveals that he's worked both on nuclear power and nuclear weapons. He is a nuclear bull. His publication record is non-empty yet modest – surely relatively to e.g. Steven Chu.




Moniz is a "nuclear bull" but the true underlying reason for this fact is less encouraging. He is the director of an institute that gets funding from BP, Chevron, and Saudi Aramco. Before you rejoice, I must tell you that it is MIT's "Energy Initiative" that wants to fight against climate change. Sadly, you see what sort of garbage the oil companies actually fund when they're not doing the business they're supposed to do.

At Harvard, I actually attended some sessions at which this MIT's "Energy Initiative" was described and discussed. People like me had to suffer through so much boring and utterly idiotic junk of this kind!

And I don't even have to count the green spam in the e-mail coming from all sorts of redundant bureaucrats, proposing green events of various kinds, turning off the lights, and celebrating how green Harvard was all the time. And I knew that whenever I would point out what staggeringly deluded assholes all these people were, I would be told it wasn't the right thing to say, blah blah blah, and they would use all conceivable tools and intimidation to shut my mouth. It was simply horror.

At any rate, with a climate alarmist hybridized with a nuclear bull who is affiliated with MIT, I would have mixed feelings about this possible future U.S. energy secretary. And there's one extra silver lining here: Moniz is actually a fracking supporter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment